Friday, April 29, 2011

Rap Battle

Rap Battle

Lucas And Markus were two low class teenagers living in the Bronx, they were pretty normal teenage boys with only one two things on there mind, girls and money.
It was a hot Sunday afternoon, and they needed to find a way to beat the heat.
"Man, lets go find us some girls" Markus said.
"Sure…"
"I think that my cousins got air conditioning man" Markus said.
"Sweet, sweet lets get going man."
They walked to Markus's cousins house, if you could call it a house. It was a rundown old stone house barely holding together, they stepped inside and headed down to the basement, immediately feeling the cool air.
"Man this feels good" Lucas said.
There were a lot of people in the basement of his cousin's house, some young some older.
"Yo, Yo Markus come on in" His cousin said. "Were having a rap battle"
"Alright hey Lucas you should try" Markus replied, pushing me forward.
"Nah, man I wouldn’t be good at this kind of thing" I replied nervously. "its just not for me, you know I was never good in English."
"Fine, Fine*wuss* cough"
"You know what ill do it"
I stepped forward into the middle of the circle; I actually wasn’t sure how to rap,
"Could someone um show me how to do this? "
Markus stepped forward,
"Damn, you stupid" he said. "But whatever"
*Markus Raps*
"Alright I get it"
I stepped forward again feeling nervous, a beat came on, and suddenly something came over me and I didn’t know why or how, but it felt right. I started to flow and not just random words but real rapping. The kind of stuff you see in dem Videos on MTV.
" Damn Lucas, you got talent" his cousin said.
"Thanks. Man, I felt nervous again, as soon as that beat was off I was back to myself, it was almost as if the beat was some kind of steroid for me, I didn’t know but I loved it. "
"Alright Man" Markus replied. "All I know is that you were good"
"Well I got to head out, I want to get home before it gets dark, I don’t want any trouble from Terrell." Lucas replied "I'll see you tomorrow man"
Lucas began heading home, it was getting dark out and he was getting scared. Every night Terrell and his gang hung out on the corner of his street harassing everyone that came by.
" Yo, Lucas, what you doing out here" I heard Terrell's deep voice. "This is our street you know that"
"I don’t want any trouble man" Lucas replied "Just trying to get home"
"Well you got trouble bro, how much money you got on you"
"None"
"lying man, I can tell"
Right then, Lucas sprinted as fast as he could getaway from Terrell and towards his house, barely making it, he could still hear t is ace
"Ready to go to school" Lucas asked.
"Man I got different plans for you" Markus replied "We are entering you in a rap battle son"
"What about school, you know it’s the only way to get ahead in this world man."
"Nah, this is way more important than that, it’s a fast track to being famous "

So Lucas and Markus skipped school in order to enter themselves into a rap battle. The rap battle was held in a broken down factory and everyone there was older than him and looked very intimidating.
"Lucas" The announcer called him up to rap.
Lucas walked a=upped to the announcer, and signed in. He started looking around to see whom his opponent was, he finally saw him. His opponent was an older looking Latina Guy. He looked pretty intimidating as he eyed Lucas down.
"Lets flip a coin to see who raps first" the announcer said. "Juan"
Juan Raps
Crowd Claps
"All right, All right" The announcer said. "Pretty good, pretty good but Lets give Lucas a chance, come on people"
I felt Nervous, then suddenly the beat came on and my pulse began to speed up, I started to think fast almost like I was on speed or something.
"Juan I think you need to get gone. Your up in my face you a disgrace. You're raps are generic like the name Eric. I'm done with you, you’re a washed up old fool. "
Crowd Claps
" Wow" the announcer says," well we got ourselves a winner, a new rapper on the scene"
I felt ecstatic, I thought I was going to do bad but I did great, I was feeling like a god, I decided to take the rest of the day off and just chill, maybe at Markus's house.
"Lucas your good, maybe you should join our group" the announcer says.
"Ill think about it, I want to stick with my friends"
To be Continued TS

2 comments:

  1. This was an intriguing story. The general flow of the story was pretty good, however you keep switching from third person to first person. For the grammatical parts, just make sure to get all your punctuation in. You also might want to split up the first sentence into two. When other characters rap, a brief description of what they rap about would be nice and Lucas' reaction to them. I wasn't sure what you meant when you said "he could still hear t is ace." and "a=upped." Other than that, I enjoyed reading this story and feel a need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that overall, your story was pretty good, although, I'm not sure it meets Mrs. Shigemitsu's page requirements. You could also fix some punctuation marks and grammatical errors. But other than that, it looks pretty good! (:

    ReplyDelete